Delivery Robot Roundup
- Coco expanding from California to Austin, TX
- Coco makes a four-wheeled, cooler-sized robot that delivers food and beverages.
- Kiwibot — currently has 200 robots operating in 10 campuses. On track to expand to 1200 robots and 50 locations by the end of 2022.
- Jamba and Blendid have expanded their reach to two more college campuses, Georgia College and Kennesaw State University.
- Hyphen back-of-house food assembly — focus is taking orders and combining ingredients. It generates 350+ meals per hour.
- Yum China — has installed touch screen panels to automate the ordering process and has installed robots in its KFC to serve soft-serve ice cream in several Chinese cities. Installed digital lockers store takeout orders in other locations.
- From Restaurant Dive — Kiwibot signed a $20 million contract expansion with Sodexo. “The partnership will bring over 1,2000 Kiwibot delivery to 50 U.S. college campuses by the end of this year” — we think they meant 1200
Excerpt from TheSpoon
It’s been a busy few weeks for restaurant robots. In this edition of the food robot roundup, we’ve got updates on the expanding map for a couple of food delivery bots, Jamba & Blendid’s growing relationship, Yum China’s increasing reliance on robots, and more.
- Panasonic Smart Lockers – Off Premise Food Lockers For Smart Pickup – ClearConnect(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Autonomous Robots Airport Food Delivery Robot(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Self-driving Mail Delivery Robot on the Streets of Tokyo(Opens in a new browser tab)