New report from IPVM on face detection camera – Jul2020 – we have all those nice cameras that do facial recognition, but wasn’t that before everybody started wearing masks? Now what?
Face Detection Shootout – Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, Uniview, Vivotek
By: Rob Kilpatrick, Published on Jul 30, 2020 | Email This
Face detection analytics are available from a number of manufactures including Dahua, Vivotek, Hikvision, Uniview, and Hanwha, but how well do they work?
We tested face detection analytics across these manufacturers examining:
- Can faces still be detected wearing masks, hats, or sunglasses?
- Can faces be detected at harsh angles?
- How well do they detect faces in full light?
- How well can faces be detected in low light (~2lx)?
- How well can faces be detected in the dark with IR (~0.02lx)?
- Are there issues detecting faces in WDR scenes?
- Do these analytics integrate with third-party VMS?
Based on our testing face detection performance falls into three groups:
Full report from IPVM on face detection camera