Retail automation is emerging as the building block for modern retail systems transformation. Contactless is driving much of it (and that was driven by pandemic). Whether it is EV Charging Stations, robotics, AI, Lidar, digital KYC or new payment methods such as facial, SMS or QR codes. New robotic vending restaurants.
For more information email us at [email protected]
Retail Systems aka Automated Retail
The automated retail systems industry is one of the two core technology showplaces today (financial Services being #2).
- Emerging technologies such as biometric contactless, robotics, delivery, ghost kitchens, lockers, digital signage, vending and automated vending lead the way. Amazon and Google revolutionize physical delivery. OuterWall has another great idea (or not).
- More mature retail technology includes interactive displays, next-generation POS, and interactive one-to-one customer service technology.
- Companion technologies include EV charging technology. EV charging stations located in the Kohls parking lot provide extra convenience and pulls in additional traffic from users searching Google Maps for a convenient recharge point. Restaurants are now including.
- Sustainability has emerged with zero carbon footprint McDonalds restaurants now.
- Standards – here we have more regulatory guidelines in play along with more standards than any other industry. PCI, OPOS, JPOS, MPOS, HIPAA, ADA, UL, CE just to name a few.
For more information on companion technologies, we recommend visiting the industrygroup.org site. Retail Systems aka Retail Automation is a member of the industrygroup
Example Digital Signage and Menu Boards
- Digital Signage Blog — more accurately interactive digital displays but we are stuck with “digital signage” for now.
- Menu Board — here we focus on digital menus, indoor and outdoor. Panasonic and LG are two of our members and contribute.
- Best Digital Signage Solution Provider News
- Menu Board Technology and Digital Menus