Coffee Automation News
- Addressing labor shortage by reducing the repetitious tasks necessary for employees
- Let employees do more meaningful tasks
- Ensure their coffee drinkers enjoy their coffee especially Unlimited Sip Club
- Unlimited coffee club is $8.99 a month for reference
- Two locations testing this out
- Paneras owns approximately half of all locations (2400 total)
- JAB Holding is ultimate owner and Panera is going public soon
- Panera Bread is piloting Miso Robotics’ new automated coffee brewing system as it doubles down on its coffee and tea subscription program.
- Many restaurants are looking to automation as labor costs rise and workers are in short supply.
- Miso Robotics already has partnerships with Chipotle Mexican Grill, White Castle and Inspire Brands.
The automation trend has made Miso Robotics popular with both restaurant chains and investors. Last month, Chipotle Mexican Grill announced it is testing a robot made by Miso that makes tortilla chips. The startup’s other fast-food partners include White Castle and Arby’s owner Inspire Brands
Miso’s latest launch is the CookRight Coffee system, which uses artificial intelligence to monitor coffee volume and temperature. It also provides predictive analytics that can tell the restaurant more about what kind of coffee its customers enjoy and when. Bell said that Miso charges customers “a few hundred dollars” a month for its CookRight technology, while the startup’s Flippy the Robot sets operators back several thousand dollars in monthly fees.
Flippy the Robot and Whitecastle